27 Jan Moving Forward
Moving Forward: We are going to be all right. Last year we had the pandemic, so many families in need, so many grants, sponsors and donors to pursue. Then we spent the holidays spending the last of the funds and now it is time to RENEW, REFRESH and RECHARGE!
Every day I try to be a better person.
When you know better, you do better.
This month so far:
- Submitted Emergency Food and Shelter Program (FEMA-Federal) grant applications and other for clients,
- worked with City of Hemet on all you want to know about CDBG reimbursement reporting and now can add that to my knowledge base and list of business services,
- having a new business website designed and social media to launch the digest I wrote last year “5 easy steps to WIN $$$$ from Donors, Grantors and Sponsors”. The manuscript is at BOOKBABY and will hopefully be coming back to me soon for final edit and book cover approval. Then LAUNCH Party!!!!!
- Signed up for automated marketing thru WATERMARK
These are a few of the RESOURCES that will be listed soon on my website with contact information:
- Community Food Pantry and Outreach of Murrieta (weekly food boxes)
- Project TOUCH (31 emergency and transitional housing units for homeless and unsheltered and Thrift Store)
- Assistance League of Temecula Valley (new clothes and shoes for children/students, Thrift Store)
- My City Youth (weekly food box program and after-school youth program, City of Hemet)
- CA VFW/Motorcycle Club (monthly food and services to Veterans)
- Dive Guardians (scuba diving certification and therapy for First Responders)
- Rotary Club of Temecula- (monthly senior food boxes)
NONPROFIT TO DO’s
Get paperwork ready for year-end taxes 2020. Get your 990 started. Do not file an e-postcard as foundations cannot verify your revenue, expenses or net income.
Operational Budgets are Due for 2021! Hint: Review your P&L from 2020 and either increase budget buckets, decrease them or subtract out as no longer needed. Always make sure you show a Net Profit.
On Operational Budgets, be sure to include the value of volunteer staff if you have no FTE or very few PTE’s. Foundations need to know how your organization is carrying out the work needed for the programs and services that you offer to those in need. Volunteer hours are calculated at the National Labor Rate. Call me for more info if needed.
Stay well and stay safe!